Monday, June 22, 2009

Something to THINK about

There was a magazine sitting on the counter this afternoon and so I decided to look at it. As I looked through it I came to an article that interested me. It was talking about how God knows all.

Of course, I know that He knows all but this article really got me thinking. What if there was a way that every person could hear my every thought. What if every little thing I thought went straight onto the internet. I'm sure there would be several people either ashamed or hurt by the things I've thought or think. That totally got me thinking. We stressed so much on the definition of sin the past 2 weeks at CYIA. "Sin is anything we think, say or do that does not please God." It's so true! Even my thoughts can be sin. Psalm 94:11
"The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity." Once again, I've always known that but haven't exactly examined myself when it comes to that type of sin.

When I thought about this in depth I became ashamed. I don't always have patience for people. If I don't have patience for someone I don't always express that. A lot of times my feelings toward another person will be kept inside. Sometimes I'll tell others how I feel but rarely go directly to the person I am annoyed with or whatever. Going through this whole thought process brought myself shame. The most shameful part is that God sees and hears every single one of my thoughts. Every single one. Not excluding those that I don't express to others, God hears them. This was such a sobering thought.

Sometimes it's so hard to have all my thoughts on the Lord and His will for my life. It's much easier to fall into the worlds hands. Into peoples arms instead of the loving arms of my Lord and savior. Not that its wrong to lean on brothers and sisters in the Lord but my everyday thought process could be changed. I need to think about God and if my thoughts are pleasing to Him. Because even if I keep them to myself they aren't totally kept to myself. God still hears them without a doubt. This will be a total challenge but a good one. Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. I know that many of my thoughts need to change and I'm willing to work on it. Just thought I'd share my thoughts about this with those who might read this. =)

4 comments:

Ashley Hoover said...

A good reminder Jess!! Something I need to think about as well!

Grace said...

Thanks for sharing, girl! Its something I often forget...

ellie said...

you didn't tell my you had a blog!!

Wow! that is so true.

Mike said...

Good stuff! And yes, very sobering...
"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts" Ps. 139:23