Thursday, December 3, 2009

exciting news!

Just a quick update before about Grandma before I head to school. For those of you who haven't heard she was able to get off the ventilator on Tuesday. It was such an exciting time for all of us! Considering her condition just recently then coming off the vent 9 days later was amazing. Doctors had told us at one time that she may never get off the vent.

Seeing God work in this has truly been the best thing I've gotten from this event. I am so blessed! When things are hard or things are going great, I need to remember that I'm always blessed with what I have. Things aren't ever as bad as I make them out to be. Through all this I've found out who my real friends are and my family has been awesome support.

Grandma still continues to fight this. It's a really long, slow process but the positive thing is- she is improving! Yesterday Grandma was telling me how stupid the vent is. I'll never truly understand this but I was agreeing. Then I had to remind her that if she didn't wear the bi-pap mask she would either get pneumonia or have to go back on the vent. She told me "that stupid machine(the vent) never did anything anyways". To which I replied "it saved your life, Grandma". She says "that vent didn't save my life! God did!" =). "Okay, Grandma, you're right". I wasn't looking for an argument there but I'm good at finding them! =P I've been on her bad side these past couple days. =) I've been trying to help the nurses get her to cooperate and she doesn't like that. Hopefully today she won't be as mad at me but yesterday she told my mom and aunt all about me.

Please continue to pray for both my Grandparents as this process isn't close to being over. It's tough on Grandpa too as his wife is laying in bed and he misses her tons.

2 comments:

Ashley Hoover said...

I'm so glad grandma is off the vent! That was some great news. Hopefully she'll continue to make good progress now and will be out of there before too long!

Anonymous said...

That's such great news, Jess! I'll keep praying!