Saturday, January 23, 2010

God's Love

So, I found this to be extremely encouraging! I was reminded of the love of God and how amazing it really is. There are times when I am totally in awe of God's love but other times I don't even think about it. When I read this I just thought "wow". I decided to share it with y'all.

"Put together all the tenderest love you know of, the deepest you have ever felt, and the strongest that has ever been poured out upon you, and heap upon it all the love of all loving human hearts in the world, and then multiply it by infinity, and you will begin, perhaps, to have some faint glimpse of what the love of God is." -Hannah Whitall Smith

Psalm 100:5
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.

After thinking about this I was reminded of how God has told believers to love others(John 13:34). It's so easy to go through my every day life and not love others like the Lord wants me to. When I get to know a person really well is when I tend to start looking at their every flaw by nature. Then if I know them even better I might even start criticizing that person for their mistakes. I'm almost certain that, that is not the kind of love God wants me to show to a person.

This is something I've been thinking on a lot lately. I want to be a light in this world. Someone people can look up to. Someone who can be used as a tool for God to reach the unsaved. Someone whose love shines through just a smile. Just to be able to love just a little bit as much as God loves. Think about how much love that would be! I hope I can be this kind of person. With the Lord's help I can be.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

The love of God knows no limits! But often we limit ours toward others.:( Yet we are told to love as Christ loved...a HUGE responsibility!

Thanks for your thoughts Jess!:)