Most of my blogs are written about what God's been teaching me or what's going on in my life and I get comments from y'all that are often encouraging or make me smile. This week I've been thinking about the fact that I'd love to know what's going on in your life. I'd love to know how the Lord's working in your heart, what things He has blessed you with or what He is teaching you.
Looking forward to hearing from y'all! Oh and this is the time for my sneaky little blog readers to come out of their hiding too. I know who some of you are =)
2 comments:
What a neat idea, Jess! :)
What has God been teaching lately?
That is a very full question.
I shall respond with bullet points
-less of me and more of HIM
(I must decrease so that He might increase)
-as a woman set-apart to Christ, I do not have time of my own, money of my own, resources of my own, or plans of my own. It's now all about Him.
-Letting go of MY life and giving the pen of my life to the great Author. (can you imagine a more exciting life??)
-being willing to give up MY IDEAS how I want to serve Christ.
Also, joyfully following Him even if He doesn't have marriage in mind for me.
-E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G that God brings or allows in my life is to build character in me and make me more like Himself.
-how can I give of myself to the poor, the needy, the widow, the orphan and the prisoner?
God's heart is for these people, is mine?
And also, my hands and money will be where my heart is.
-trusting Him no matter what
-living in light of the cross
(oh what love is this!)
-does "this" (what I'm doing right now) glorify Him or advance me towards my goal? (My goal? Knowing Christ and being completely, entirely, unreservedly set-apart to Him.)
-am I a Christ-like example-does my life cause others to compromise or be less Christ-like because of choices I make?
So this is what God has been teaching me lately and giving me a passion for. Does this mean that I am living all of this out yet? No, but I am God's work in process. He is not finished with me yet! :)
Okay so I'm a bit late in commenting here...but better late than never right?:)
Hmm...that's a tough question. Well, tough to put into words. The Lord has been working, teaching and blessing in so many ways lately.
I think maybe the most important thing He's been teaching me is the incredible value of a deeply personal relationship with Him. In reading through the OT and about the Levites, I was struck with the verse that says something along the lines of, "And the Levites had no inheritance among their brothers...the LORD was their inheritance" (sorry, it's paraphrased and I can't remember the verse exactly) But I just thought...WOW! The LORD, Almighty Jehovah God, Yahweh, the I AM, was their inheritance. He was their ALL. He was SUFFICIENT. They had the LORD and they had EVERYTHING.
I had to ask myself, is the LORD my ALL? Is He SUFFICIENT for me? Of course I know He is...but do I truly live that way? To know is one thing...to believe is a whole new game. But that's what I want. I want to be like the Levites, who, though they had no wordly inheritance, were given the LORD. They had the best inheritance out of all the tribes of Israel. Yet it came with great responsibility as well.
Goodness...I could keep going with all my thoughts on this verse, but I won't.:)
Post a Comment