Saturday, January 22, 2011

Forgiveness

Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not  say to you, up to seven times but seventy times seven"
Matthew 18:21-21

(Erica, Jenny and I in Colorado last August)

As my word for the year is forgive God really hit me this past week with a couple things. I've been reading through the book of Proverbs and came across this verse.

"Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins"
Proverbs 10:12

Think about this in your own life! When you see or think about someone you've been hurt by how do you handle it? Do you think bad thoughts about them? Do you blame any of your actions or past actions on them? If you do, you probably haven't fully forgiven them for hurting you. This week God  has really challenged me to be careful about my words concerning others. If we're all honest with ourselves we've probably been hurt on more than one occasion by someone close to us. How do you act when you've been hurt? What do you do? Are your actions and thoughts pleasing to the Lord? They should be, as should mine be. As I think about my own life, I know that I need to work on this especially concerning my sisters. I want to challenge you to think about this as well.

2 comments:

Elmo said...

wonderful thoughts jess!

Anonymous said...

Wow...very challenging. Thanks, Jess!