Recently CEF of Nebraska had a switch in state directors. There was also a change in CYIA directors for Central. When I found out who the new director of both the state and CYIA Central was changing to I was thrilled. Jonathan Musgrave and his wife are now the directors of CYIA Central and CEF of Nebraska.
Jonthan was also the speaker for most of the evening chapels during CYIA. His chapels were the best! Each chapel was convicting, challenging and very personal. The Lord really worked in my heart during those two weeks.
CYIA Central training lasts for 2 weeks. The 1st week involves learning the material then taking practicums over it all. The 2nd week is focused on taking the material learned and putting it into use. Each student goes with different teams and teaches a 5 day club. I went as staff to both CYIA's. As staff I'm supposed to help teach classes, give practicums and just help keep things running. During the 2nd week I was a driver for a club about 45 minutes away from camp. Unfortunately I didn't really get to teach any clubs this summer but I did get to help. :) This year I drove some of my sweet Russian friends to their club.
Before every day of 5 day club we try to start with a game
Before every day of 5 day club we try to start with a game
We do the pledge of allegiance to the flag and the bible
Memory verse- if the kids memorize the verse and come back to say it the next day they get a prize
Bible lesson...each bible lesson has the gospel tied into it in one way or another
Of course, it wouldn't be a 5-day club without singing songs :)
This year we raised money for Miss Pretty a missionary in an overseas country. Children set a goal at the beginning of the week deciding how much money they can raise for the missionary. On the last day if the kids make their goal we do something special for them. They succeeded which resulted in water balloons.
Our whole club(teachers and all)
Of the 3 years I've been going to CYIA Central, this year was definitely my favorite. We had a great group of young people working together to learn how to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. It was just a ton of fun spending time with new and old friends.
Another huge perk of this year was all the first year students we had. We had a ton of new guys which was great!
This was John Beasley's first year. He's going to be an amazing teacher just like his older sisters.
Valeriya, Vika and I during what should have been study for club time
Just hangin' out.
One of my favorite times of the 2 weeks was when we had a 3 on 3 basketball tournament. If you know me very well at all, you know I love a good game of basketball. :)
Sitting with all of the fans
Kristen, Shannon and I
Alesiya, Bree, and Sarah
Don't know what we would have done without these silly boys and their humor
Sarah Paul and I :)
Fans watching the basketball tournament cheering on their buddies
Esther and I. I don't know what I would do without this girl! She's amazing!
Sarah, Emily and I
Zory and I
The Shuylak family(Esther and I are adopted *smile*)
Commissioning Service
When Jonathan asked if I would help Emcee for the commissioning service I was a little nervous. During the commissiong service for CYIA East I completely started off the wrong song. Oops!! That officially, became my most embarrassing moment ever! Thankfully nothing that bad happened during this commissioning service :)
I hope this gives you a better idea of what at least part of my summer looked like. More coming soon.
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

2 comments:
Fun! Love the pictures. :)
reminiscing...
Post a Comment