Friday, August 19, 2011

What To Do For The Hurting

Nothing breaks my heart more than hearing the stories of helpless, hurting young people. This world is full of so much pain and hurt. It breaks my heart when I look at everything that surrounds me. I always come back from camp having been marked in some way. Some way, some how another young person is placed on my heart to pray for. Day after day I think about several individual that have crossed my path. 

How can I help them(when I lack knowledge)? 
What can I do for them(when I am so weak)?
How can I pray for them(when I don't have the words)?

These are the questions that haunt me everyday. God gives me wisdom, strength and the words to say. Sometimes saying nothing is the best way to handle a situation. The Lord has always given me a heavy burden for hurting people. It's as if I cling to those that are hurting most. If there's one thing I'm good at, this is it. This is where He has gifted me most.

God, I pray that You would help me use the gifts You've given me for You and You Alone. Lord, heal the hearts that have trusted in You. Open the hearts that are just so scared (because of all the hurt they've felt) to trust in You. Help them know that they can go to you with all of their pain. Thank You for the people you allowed to cross my path this summer. \

1 comment:

Elmo said...

... ive been thinking about this recently... that i have a heart for the children that need Jesus and who dont have the loving home life that i have... someday.. Lord willing i would really really like to go work at an orphanage in a horrible country bc i have a hope.. i hope that they need. plus, i have a love for children... something i would love to do and your post reminded me of. thanks.