It's interesting how this week has fallen into place. For some reason I've spent time with 4 different married friends this week. Most of them are from completely different circles of friends too. It's been fun visiting my friends at their homes. 3 of my friends have just gotten married in the last month. When I was talking to one of my friends she said "Get thee a husband, Jess!" (As if I have any control over that ;) ) But, when she said those words my reaction was different than it's been in the past.
There have been times in the past where a comment like that might have bugged me. Being single at age 24 isn't always easy. The older I get the more pressure I receive from family and friends. People begin trying to set me up with gentlemen who "might" work. Usually I just shake my head and politely say "no thanks, I'm fine being single" But many times that hasn't been the whole truth. Several times I have thought about how wonderful it would be to not feel lonely or have a desire to have a boyfriend/ husband.
When the comment about me needing to get a husband was made this week I didn't cringe inside at all. Instead for the first time I had great peace about my current situation. Why do you ask?
Because I believe that as this point in my life the Lord is being glorified in my singleness! And to be honest, maybe the Lord will continue to be most glorified in me being single. I'm okay with that too. By the grace of God, there is nothing I desire more than to glorify Him and grow in my knowledge of Him. If I were to be married getting to know the Lord and His Word would be much harder. Right now I have the freedom to study the Bible without worrying about a husband or even a child. I'm solely able to focus on learning more Scriptures and focusing on the ministry God has set out for me to do. That's an exciting thought to me; to be used by the Lord in being single..I'm excited to see where (and to what) He will lead me to next =)
No comments:
Post a Comment