Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rise and Shine

Being the 'night person' that I am, waking up in the morning can be quite hard at times. Waking up definitely takes a ton of will power by my part. I've never been much of a morning person. "Good morning" is one of my least favorite sayings. Plainly put, I do not do well in the morning. Some people are just that way. I happen to be one of those people obviously.

When I woke up this morning I started thinking about how grumpy I can be when I wake up. A section of the bible came to mind when waking up this morning. Those verses are Psalm 113:1-3 which say 1) Praise the Lord! Praise, O servants of the Lord, Praise the name of the Lord! 2) Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and forevermore! 3) From the rising of the sun to its going down The Lord's name is to be praised. These verses reminded me of how I should be praising the Lord no matter what time of day it is. I need to praise,worship and serve the Lord at ALL times. When I wake up in the morning I shouldn't be thinking "man, I wish I didn't have to wake up" instead I should think "what can I do to serve the Lord today?" It's a sobering thought when I take the time to think about it.

I challenge every believer to think that way when they wake up in the morning. I especially challenge those who aren't morning people. I'm taking this challenge upon myself. It won't be easy but I know it's a new thing that will help strengthen my faith.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

What a awesome challenge, Jess! I'm a terribly night owl, and sometimes just a regular crank when I get up in the morning.
Thanks for the challenge!
~Elizabeth