Monday, May 2, 2011

Looking at the grass on the other side...

"I've got a callus on my heart in the shape of the world. It's robbing me of my allegiance to You. I'm filling my life with more and more empty stuff. But the grass is never quite green enough. I've got a hole in my heart in the shape of my God. I've tried to fill it up with anything but You. The search for the other side has proven wrong. 'Cus the grass is never quite green enough. You are green enough for me!"
-The Ineloquent

It's easy to look at another persons life thinking they have it better off. You wish you had what they had. Something I've kinda struggled with lately is that I don't have that special guy yet. So many of my friends either like someone or are in a relationship with someone. It's easy to look at them and wish I had what they had. This is something that almost every girl struggles with at some point in time.


This summer many of my friends are getting married. In fact, two of them are getting married this week!! I'm so excited for them! Yet if I don't have my mind on the Lord it's easy to wish I was them. It's easy to think "Will a guy for me ever come?"
Then I remember God's promises, that alone gives me hope.


 "As for God, His way is perfect;
    The word of the LORD is proven;
         He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
       For who is God, except the LORD?
      and who is a rock, except our God? 
      It is God who arms me with strength,
         And makes my way perfect."
Psalm 18:30-32

God's plans are perfect. Whether that be a guy in the future or if that means serving Him in other ways. I'm ready for whatever the Lord has in store for my life. Instead of looking in on someone else's life I should be looking for ways to improve my own. Looking for ways to love the Lord in my certain circumstances.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whose wedding and where was that gorgeous scenery?